About Karla Campbell
Karla Campbell’s personal story is about discovering self-acceptance, finding the gifts, and unleashing her creativity from a limiting and humble start.
Karla knows a lot about what it means to feel unaccepted, and she left the prescribed way and followed an unexpected path forward. Adopted and raised in a small town in Colorado, she is gay and experienced learning challenges that were later attributed to undiagnosed dyslexia.
In high school, academics were such a struggle that she turned to sports, where she excelled in basketball, softball, track and field, and cross country. Karla eventually earned an athletic scholarship to college and discovered freedom from the perceived confines she’d thought inevitable. But when her knee blew out during her senior year, her popularity and self-esteem plummeted. It was an identity crisis that would eventually lead her out of the proverbial closet, across the country, back to school, up the corporate ladder, and into a long-term relationship, while embracing Native American spirituality and earning certification as a leadership coach.
Karla Campbell uses all aspects of her vast experience to help people and businesses going through difficult transitions.
Qualifications and Proven Results
Many organizations have invested in technology and process — but now, investing in employees’ professional growth, skill talent, and attitude is in more demand than ever before. Karla Campbell is a subject matter expert with 30 years of experience. She customizes her services to achieve the best for her client, working with the organization and its current resources to help invest back into the company’s culture. Karla’s experience and proven results include these achievements:
- 14 years in the private sector managing large and complex cross-enterprise projects including leading a workflow and imaging system that automated all business processes, realizing 20 percent productivity improvements despite undergoing four firm-wide re-structures during the project life cycle.
- 10 years with the University of California Office the President (UCOP), creating a Project Management Office (PMO) while managing a Change Management Office (CMO) that managed a major restructuring of the Office of the President. Resulted in approximately $1.9 million in reductions activities.
- 2 years as the Chief of Staff/Executive Advisor to the Chief Operating Officer at the Chief Investment Office (CIO) at UCOP that managed $100 billion in assets. Created and managed the project management process and led a year-end investment valuation process that resulted in a $70 million asset adjustment.
Certifications and Memberships
- PCC – Professional Certified Coach – ICF
- Workplace Mediator and Trainer Certified- MTI
- EQ Certified Practitioner and Trainer – Six Seconds
- DISC and 12 Driving Forces Certified (personality assessment TTI)
- PMP (project management professional certification)
- PROSCI (change management – ADKAR certification)
- ELI-MP (energy leadership index master practitioner)
- Board Member and Chair of Organizational Strategy (Cultivating Literacy)
- ICF Member (International Coaching Federation)
- GGBA Member (Golden Gate Business Association)
- PMI Member and Mentor (Project Management Institute)
The journey between who you once were and who you are now becoming, is where the dance of life really takes place. Native American Proverb